terça-feira, 22 de outubro de 2013

To Elliott Smith

sorrow
won't kill me
i won't let it
ever

sorrow
may hurt me
but i am my own savior

sorrow
can be poetry
can leave my body
and become a song

sorrow
is known by me for so long
it won't made me scared
it's kind of "oh you again?
you're not welcome
but take a sit
I'm listening to some Elliott Smith"

and it would say
"really?
are you listening to King's Crossing?"

"perhaps
but I won't kill myself
I'm a huge Elliott's fan
and I do feel his pain
but I won't kill myself
instead
I'll try to make some music
about living
and loving
and caring
and facing troubles
and letting go
and maybe about death
and pain
but I won't kill myself
no one deserves to suicide
and neither do I
or Elliott

dear Elliott,
I hope you have reached
what you seek
through the years
I hope you're not aching
anymore
thanks for all the beauty you left in the world.

2 comentários: